Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Victim.

Hello.

Hai. It's been a while. Hey, how's life been treating you? Good? Not really good for me. Let me tell you what happened.

  Remember i told you about me been in an accident past 2 months? For anyone who did not know, here let me share a link Horrifying.Truth.

My car was in a workshop for more than a month to get it fixed. My car was sent to a workshop where i am not familiar with because the workshop is the panel workshop for the insurance company who covered the repair cost. After a month, the lady at the workshop called me and asked me to pick up my car. I went there the next few days and the look from the outside were just fine and I'm a little happy to see it in one piece again. I went inside the office to get my keys. I inserted the key into the ignition and turn it on. The happiness i felt drop gradually, because the conditions was worst than it looks. I wonder why they called and ask me to pick up the car with that kind of condition. The car vibrated like there are 100 mobile phones vibrated at one time, the hazard light is not functioning, the headlights they fitted in were something like a rejected product that did not get approval by quality control section. They asked me to take it back home first and come back if there is any problem. So i drove it back home and kept telling myself that everything would be okay and don't need to worry much.

After a week i went back to the workshop and told them the things that is not functioning, for example the hazard light and some other things such as the door was like going to fall off and the scary sound I've heard from under the car. Oh my. Then i asked them to change the headlights and hoping that they are responsible of what they need to. They asked me to leave the car again at the workshop and they will call back in few days when it's done. The day came, they called me, I went there with disappointments. They did not even change the headlights, and claimed that "We already changed it". I am not a five year old kid who you can tricked me and tell me something that it's not. Hu. I don't want to argue with them because I don't like to argue and I just keep quiet. After a moment, I just get inside the car and drove back home.

This is the first phase, the thing I wanted to highlight here is that, in business world, rarely there is someone that would be honest with the services or product they are selling. I know I only drove a 'Kei Car' and not some luxury or expensive cars that goes to your workshop, it doesn't mean that you have the rights to do that. Hm.

Moving on. I went to another workshop, this is another story of me being a victim. I went to a different workshop at Bandar Baru Bangi, Kiat Mun Auto Serivces Sdn. Bhd. to get my brake done. I need to change it because it was damaged due to the incident. I came there with all the parts needed to repair it, I just need to pay them the labour charge. I explained the things I need them to do and that's it, I let them do their job. I left them and sat at a chair they provided for customers. As I was waiting, I looked at the mechanic doing his job from a distance and looks like he is not familiar with the things. Before that let me tell you that I wasted 6 hours at that workshop due to their mistakes. Oh my. From one mechanic and now 5 of them grouping at my car. They blamed me for the parts I brought earlier saying that it's broken and etc. I told them directly that it has been tested and it is fine. After a moment they told me that my brake master pump is broken and need to change, it will cost me RM280. I told them that it is working fine after all these years why do I need to change it, they said that the pump is not giving any pressure to the hydraulic brake system and need to change it. I sat down for a while and thinking that I wanted to find the parts on my own, because I knew if they ordered the parts they will charge me at a not very reasonable price because they know my car can't move because of the brake and I can't go on my own to buy the parts. I know a place selling Original Japan Brake Master Pump for only RM150 and it is far away. I wanted to get some help, but there is nobody around on that day. After a while I decided to let them change it and I would just pay for it, I asked them about the warranty, they told me that there's no warranty and it is made in 'Taiwan', they lied, it's written there made in 'China'. Don't matter. No difference. (Guys if a person told you a product you bought have no warranty meaning that they can't guarantee you that the product they are selling will last long. I say this based on my past experience, not once, not twice.) Then I asked them will it be okay if I change it. They told me "Yes, once it is changed you'll be on the road in no time". Then I decided to let them change and hoping everything would be okay because I already wasted 4 hours there. After they fitted it in, still, there is problem. And still blame me for the parts I brought earlier. Oh my. Let me cut this short, did you know what is the problem? They are the problem. 5 of them. The brake consists of a Disc rotor, Brake Pad, and Brake Caliper. At the Brake Caliper there is a marking with 'R' for right and 'L' for left. They fix it wrongly by putting right with 'L' and left with 'R'. That is why there was no pressure to the hydraulic brake system. -_-' I was hungry and tired but still I can control it. Hu. They ask me to change what need not to be change and blamed me for the things that it's not my fault. So, they don't want to admit their mistakes and act like nothing happen, I was alone and they are 5 of them. Hu. After everything is done. I tested the car for two days. It was dangerous. The brake did not perform as it supposed to perform. It did not slow the car as expected, eventhough I already pressed it harder.

The next two days I went to another workshop, which someone recommended it to me and I told him to check the brake and explained to him what happened, immediately he checked it and told me that they already tricked me and made me pay 3 times the normal price. I was shocked to hear that the Original Brake Master Pump that Perodua sell is RM280 and the one they fitted in is just RM80. They charged me three times the price. Oh my. The mechanic told me to go back to the workshop at Bandar Baru Bangi, Kiat Mun Auto Serivces Sdn. Bhd. and take back my old Brake Master Pump and he will try to fit it back in because he told me that probably the Pump might not be the problem. I took back the parts at Bandar Baru Bangi, Kiat Mun Auto Serivces Sdn. Bhd and went back and let him changed it again and tested it. It works perfectly fine! I was so furious because they told me to change something that is not broken and something that works perfectly fine. The mechanic told me to go back to the place and ask for refund. I went back to the workshop at Bandar Baru Bangi, Kiat Mun Auto Serivces Sdn. Bhd.

As I arrived at the workshop at Bandar Baru Bangi, Kiat Mun Auto Serivces Sdn. Bhd. I asked them politely for my refund, they said no no no no and no. They told me they will not refund. Then I asked them why did you told customers to change something that is not broken and charged three times the price. They couldn't answer. And at that particular moment the 'tauke' suddenly did not admit  that he is the 'tauke' anymore. Saying that he just work there and not responsible for the parts and the things they've done. One of them started to shout and blamed me for things and say nasty words to me. Oh my. I did not even scold them for anything, I just asked for a refund. I told them it is dangerous for me because the pump did not give the right amount of pressure to the brake and I could hit just anything in front of me or fall off a cliff. After a moment, then they decided to give me a new Brake Master Pump and that is it. I asked them "What should I do with it?" Hm. They said take it or leave it. Alrite. I took it and left.

Look, these are the things you will find in real life, nowadays rarely there is someone so honest in doing business. I know they wanted to do business to get money and profits, but this is so not the way. RM280 is too much, what if someone who doesn't know anything and charge them more? Ask them to change everything? Hu. To add to that they charged me RM60 for a 500ml brake fluid where I can get it for RM17.90 only. They took advantage on me knowing that I can't go and get the parts my own. I'm speechless.

I'm a victim and I know many others out there too, at a different place and different situation. Just be careful if it involved safety and when you talk about something that your live depends on it. Think more than twice. You may have just paid for something and let you put your life in jeopardy.

3 comments:

chantiquex said...

I left a long comment but I don't know if the site publish it..hmm. I'm new to this site. I really can't reword what I wrote earlier!

chantiquex said...

Okay let me retype in bullet points
I said:-

- I feel so outraged reading this. Makes me mad!

- You carried yourself superbly well! I don't think I could do it. I really admire that.

- You made me feel grateful: I know a mechanic (through a good friend) that works at Toyota where I bought my car. He buys the parts for me, takes my car to his home (switch cars with him) and works on it overnight. All original parts and he charges me half the labour price than what the Toyota would've charge me. I feel so lucky! especially knowing that most people get ripped off by snakes like the ones you've dealt with! So thank you for sharing your story. I feel sad for you but feel so blessed at the same time.

- Action for future: Make sure you make acquaintance to many more mechanics out there. 1 every 10km radius. Haha!

- Lastly, I wish you a very good karma in the future!

aymansyarif said...

chantiquex.

Thanks for you comments!

I did not get your first comment and thanks because you retype the things for me. Appreciate it! :D

It's good to know that you got a good friend to get your car fixed and you can even switch car with him. Cool. You don't even have to waste your time waiting. :D

1 every 10km? Aha. That's a good one. Hee.

chantiquex,
Thanks for the wish and compliments too! ^_^