Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Horrifying.Truth.

Hello.

Accident. That's the word. Yea. Have you ever been in a car accident? In a real car accident? and you are the driver. I've been in one. It's horrifying.

Let me tell you a story about how it happened. Let me start of by how careful I am when I'm driving. It's been 7 years from day one I started driving and this is the first time I ever been in an accident. I was alone at the time it happened.

One very fine morning, I woke up like normal everyday and ready to go off to work. My service mileage due that day it happened and I brought my car to Perodua Service Centre to get the things I needed. The queue was quite long for waiting list but i managed to get the things I needed and went off to another service centre and get it done. Right after I get my car serviced, usually I will make sure the things were done correctly and then I'm off to my site office.

This tragedy happened a few kilometers from the service centre and it was horrific. As I drove off from the service centre, I was enjoying my driving while listening to the songs without giving any pressure to the engine and enjoying the feels of new engine oil running in my engine, it was smooth and feels so clean.

Lets look at this shall we :


This is how it happened. Please pardon my drawing, I am no professional. Ehe. I was from Jalan Dalam with the blue arrow merging to highway at the end of the road. Here how it happened, the guy who's driving Black Nissan X-trail drive from the highway marked as red arrow and wanted to make an illegal turn to go in to a junction where he shouldn't been doing that at all in the first place. He decided to make that illegal turn without making sure if there is any car coming from his left. The moment I saw that car did that turn, he was already crossing and he was in the middle of the road when I arrived, I was shocked and immediately stepped on the brake and the braking system locked all 4 tires, screeching on the road, but it's too late for that because it was in a very close distance and it happened in like 1, 2, 3.. Crash!.

Take a look.

I asked him "What are you thinking?". He answered me. "Saya terlepas simpang, saya MALAS nak u-turn jauh kat depan, so saya shortcut sini". ("I missed out a junction back there, I'm so LAZY to make a u-turn far ahead, so I decided to make a shortcut here"). Attitude, that's what happened. Even if you drive carefully by applying defensive driving on the road while driving, but if there's is someone who's not, then it won't help either. I was injured and had a serious chest pain for several weeks due to that I have trouble breathing and also I have a scar on my left hand wrist due to the injury, it will probably be there for a long time. Apart from all of this, i'm just glad that i'm still alive. Driving would never be the same again.

That is it for now. To all drivers out there, drive carefully, don't be lazy and be safe on the road.

2 comments:

sora. said...

Ouch.
That car must be in A LOT of pain. But lucky you're still alive though. Hope all those pain and scars will be heal soon! Same goes to the car. :)

aymansyarif said...

I can breath normally by now. Scars will fade in time but it will remain. Yea, apart from all of this i'm glad that i'm still alive. Thanks sora. :)